You are invited to a special show of films by the Ukrainian artist Jan Bačynsjkyj/Yana Bachynska.
During the screening in the yard of Pałac Potockich we will present five films made in the years
The screening is dedicated exclusively for adults. It will feature films whose content might be hard to watch for some viewers because of scenes involving nudity and violence as well as addressing subjects that are sensitive in terms of world view and morals.
Admission tickets at the price of 2 zł to be purchased at the Gallery ticket office before the screening.
The show is a part of Equality May 2022.
What Is to Be Done?, 2021 – while looking for an idea to spend the day a group of young girls decide
to try fortune telling. During the séance they ponder on the definition of contemporary Ukrainian
identity. Holy Mother and the Ghost of Communism come to their aid.
My Grandfather’s skin, 2020 – the history of the artist’s gradfather. Yan Bachynski recalls oral stories,
makes use of clothes belonging to the deceased and locations relating to him, such as the seat
of the Council of Ministers – his former workplace. As a result of this complex artistic strategy Yan
creates the image of common past.
Digestion, 2020 – a short story about a cross-gender relationship that shows the consequences
of violence and the liberating aspect of the sense of justice.
Non-binary, 2020 – is an unusual love story of a three-legged being whom we accompany while it is
getting ready for a date. The film addresses the problems of homophobia and intolerance in a
Sect Society, 2020 – the film is about a group of friends who jointly experience auditory hallucinations.
They receive messages from the future, in which Queer Utopia is a fact. The film has been divided into
ten parts, each of which relates to a different issue, such as maternity, literature, language, physics
Jan Bačynsjkyj/Yana Bachynska (b. 1991, Ukraine)
Multimedia artist and performer. Graduate of philosophy at the Taras Shevchenko National University
of Kyiv (2008–2013) and multimedia at the Academy of Art in Szczecin (2016–2019). In his art
Bachynski addresses the problems related to commemorating historic events, utopia as well
as the questions of sexuality and gender identity.He often uses public space as a medium for his works.
Unconventional beauty practices, 2020
Information clause for persons visiting/participating in the workshops or other events organised
or co-organised by the Bunkier Sztuki Gallery of Contemporary Art in Krakow.
In accordance with Article 13 para. 1 and para. 2 of the Regulation of the European Parliament
and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons in regard
to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive
95/46 /EC, General Data Protection Regulation (Official Journal of the European Union L. 2016.119.1)
hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”, the Bunkier Sztuki Gallery of Contemporary Art in Krakow informs
1. The Administrator of your personal data is the Bunkier Sztuki Gallery of Contemporary Art, 31-011
Kraków, pl. Szczepański 3a, entered into the register of cultural institutions of the Office of the
Municipality of Krakow no. IV/94 of 01.01.1994.
2. On the basis of the legislation in force a Data Protection Officer has been appointed: Mr Krzysztof
Klata, who can be contacted:
• by letter at the address of the Gallery,
• via e-mail: email@example.com
3. The obtained personal data will be processed in order to carry out statutory duties as well as duties
and rights ensuing from the legal provisions incumbent on the Gallery in connection with the
4. The legal basis for processing your data is:
• the necessity to meet the legal obligation incumbent on the Administrator (Art. 6 (1) letter c GDPR),
• necessity for the purposes in pursuance of legitimate interests carried out by the Administrator
(Art. 6 (1) letter f GDPR),
• consent of the data subject (Art. (1) letter a GDPR).
5. Disclosing personal data is voluntary but necessary to conclude and carry out the statutory duties
6. Personal data obtained from you can be transferred to:
• subjects who process it on commission from us and agencies and public entities entitled to obtain the data
under applicable law when they make a request based on an appropriate legal basis,
• other subjects entitled to receive your personal data on the basis of appropriate legal provisions,
• subjects who process your personal data on the basis of entrustment agreement of personal data processing
concluded with the Bunkier Sztuki Gallery of Contemporary Art in Krakow.
7. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
8. Your personal data will be stored for a period necessary to fully carry out the obligations ensuing from
the legal provisions and for a period which is necessary for the protection of our interests, including:
• in the case of personal data processed in order to conclude and execute contracts: for a period necessary
to carry out all the obligations arising from the contracts,
• in the case of personal data processed in order to provide services to you: for the period of providing services,
• in the case of personal data processed in order to address marketing content to you: until you raise an
objection against processing your data in this regard. Afterwards your data will be archived and retained for
a period regulated by separate provisions.
9. Furthermore, we inform you that you have the right to:
• access your personal data,
• demand to correct your personal data which is inaccurate and to complete the incomplete data,
• demand to delete your personal data, especially in the case of withrawing your consent to data processing
when there is no other legal basis for processing,
• demand to restrict the processing of your personal data,
• raise an objection against processing your data due to your special situation in the cases when we process
your data in pursuance of our legitimate interest,
• transfer your personal data,
• file a complaint with the supervisory authority dealing with personal data protection, i.e. the Polish Data
10. We inform you that we do not use automated decision-making systems.